250 gm of Paneer cut into small slabs
2 tbsp of ginger garlic paste
2 tbsp of corn flour
1 tbsp rice flour
1/4 teaspoon turmeric
1/2 tbsp of red chili powder
Juice of 1 lime
1/2 tbsp of jeera and coriander powder mixed in equal quantity
2 cups of curd
1/2 teaspoon Chat masala
1 tbsp of coriander chopped
Oil to shallow fry
Salt to taste
- In a large bowl add curd,ginger garlic paste,all the spices, salt,lime juice,cornflour and mix well (no lumps)
- Add the sliced paneer and coat each pieces well. Let it rest for 30 min – 1hr (preferably in the fridge)
- On a tawa/griddle add oil to shallow fry the paneer slabs.Heat it.
- Carefully place the paneer slabs on the tawa and let it turn golden brown.
- Flip and cook the other side till golden brown.
- Sprinkle chat masala when hot.
- Garnish with coriander and serve with pudina chutney !!
Tip: Cut the paneer slabs not to thin as it gets too soft after marinating.So a thick slice would be easy to handle.
Cook on low-medium flame even if it takes longer. It Cooks well.