1 cup Rice (i use sona masuri)
1 cup green gram
1/2 inch ginger
3- 4 Green chilli
1 teaspoon salt
3 – 4 teaspoon ghee or oil
juice of half lime freshly squeezed
1/2 onion finely chopped added with 1/4 teaspoon of red chilli powder
Water to soak and grind
1. Wash and soak Rice and green gram for 6-8 hours.
2. Grind rice and green gram along with green chilli and ginger into a smooth batter.
3. Heat the pan and grease with ghee
4. Spread a ladleful of batter on the pan in a circular motion until it’s thin and even. Add a teaspoon of ghee on top and let it turn golden brown.
4. Spread a ladleful of batter on the pan in a circular motion until it’s thin and even . Add 3- 4 drops of lime juice and sprinkle a mixture of onion and red chilli powder on the dosa and let it turn golden brown, Flip and cook until onion shrinks a bit.
5. Serve hot with coconut chutney
NOTE: Fermentation of the batter is not required.If you prefer you could keep it out for 6-8 hours and use as well.