5 slices – Milk bread
2 boiled and mashed potato
1/2 spoon of coriander powder
1/2 spoon of chat masala
1/2 spoon of jeera powder
1/2 spoon of red chili powder
1 tbsp corn starch
1 tbsp finely chopped coriander
juice of half lime (optional)
oil to fry
salt as per taste
- In a bowl add mashed potato, spices, coriander, lemon juice, salt and mix well.
- Mix cornstarch with water and form a thin liquid (no lumps)
- Cut the bread slices into 2 or 3 pieces lengthwise.
- Heat oil in a pan for shallow frying while preparing the bread sticks.
- Apply the potato mixture on the bread sticks one side.
- Dip the bread sticks in the cornstarch mixture briefly and remove it . Sprinkle the sesame seed on top of the potato mixture. Press it with the back of a spoon so the sesame seeds get stuck properly.
- Place the bread sticks carefully into the pan with potato sesame mixture facing down.
- Fry till its golden brown, flip and fry again till both sides are crispy.
- Remove and serve hot!!
Tip: You can also toast(with ghee tastes good) it on a tawa instead of shallow frying . After adding the potato mixture on the bread sticks sprinkle sesame on top, gently press it with the back of a spoon and toast it on both sides till golden brown.