Coconut milk 2 cups
Boiled Vegetables of your choice – 1 cup (carrots,potato,cauliflower,beans,peas)
1 Onion cut into cubes
1/2 teaspoon garam masala
4 – 5 green chillies
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
3 cloves of garlic
1 inch ginger
3 teaspoons oil
1/2 cup chopped cilantro/mint leaves
Salt to taste
1 teaspoon cornflour (optional)
Water as required
1. In a large pan add 1 teaspoon oil and heat.
2. Add garlic and fry till golden brown
3. Add onions,ginger, green chilli, cloves and fry till the raw smell is gone.
4. Blend the above into a smooth paste and keep aside.
5. Add 2 teaspoons oil in a pan and add 2 cups of coconut milk. Cook for approx 3 minutes.
6. Add the ground paste into the coconut milk, stir well and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
7. Add cinnamon powder,garam masala, salt as per taste and mix well.
8. Add the cooked vegetables and combine everything. If you want the gravy thicker make a smooth paste of cornflour and water and add it to the gravy.
9. Cook for approx 4 – 6 minutes on medium flame.
10. Remove from flame and add finely chopped Cilantro/mint.
Serve hot with Rice, chapathi!