1 1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 cup sugar
100 g butter
pinch of salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 cup milk
3 teaspoons of sweetened desiccated coconut powder
2 teaspoons of fruit jam
2 teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoon of honey
1 teaspoon water
1. Preheat oven at 180°C for around 15- 20 min.
2. Grease and dust flour in a baking tray
3. Separate egg yolks and egg white. Beat the egg whites till they form stiff peaks.
4. Sieve flour and baking powder. Keep Aside.
5. Whisk the yolks and vanilla essence for 2 minutes
6. Cream together butter and sugar till they are soft.
6. Into the whites of the egg add the egg yolks, 1/2 the quantity of the flour,butter mixture,a pinch of salt and gently fold in.
7. Add the other half of the flour, milk slowly and fold in gently.
8. Pour the mixture into a baking tray and bake at 180°C for ~20 minutes. Keep checking after 15 minutes.
9. Once it golden brown on top insert a toothpick at the center if it comes out clean take it out and allow it to cool.
10. While the cake is cooling, boil 1 cup of water and add 2 teaspoons of sugar , 1 teaspoon of honey and allow it to melt. Keep aside.
11. Slight toast 3 teaspoons of sweetened desiccated coconut powder and spread it on a plate.
12. Take 2 teaspoons of fruit jam add very little water and make a smooth paste.
13. Remove the cake from the baking dish carefully by loosening its edges. And cut into desired shapes.
14. Add the sugar and honey syrup on the cakes(on all sides) .Rest it for 10 minutes till the syrup soaks in(check for the moistness add more if required). Dip it in the coconut mixture leaving one side empty.
15. Spread the jam on the empty side and your honey cake is ready to dig in!!