This soup is very special as it can be perfect to be eaten(hot) on a cold night or summer afternoon(cold soup). It’s so soothing and calming.
The benefits of Pea is endless. It helps in weight management, anti-aging, helps build strong immune system, blood sugar regulation and so on the list can go on.
2 cups Fresh/Frozen peas
1 onion sliced
1 small potato chopped
3 cloves garlic chopped
Salt to taste
1/4 teaspoon sugar
Water 2 cups
Milk 3 teaspoons
1 teaspoon butter
Makes 4-5 bowls of soup.
1. In a thick bottom pan add butter and heat it.
2. Add chopped garlic, peppercorns and fry until it changes colour(slightly brown)
3. Add Chopped onions and fry until its tender.
4. Add potato and peas and fry for 4 minutes on medium flame. Add sugar and fry for 5 more minutes(Add water if its too dry).
By now the peas and potato will be tender, cook for a few more minutes if needed.
5. Let it cool.
6. Grind with water until smooth to desired consistency,strain it and transfer it to the pan again.
7. Add salt, milk and boil or 2 more minutes until everything is well incorporated.
Server hot with deep-fried bread pieces.
Tip: This soup can be eaten cold as well !